Friday, August 15, 2008

Here's hoping...

Maddux loves to make wishes on the fuzzy dandelions, well, they're not fuzzy, but you know what I mean, right? He searches diligently for the perfect one so that he can blow the fuzzy stuff all over our yard which makes him happy and drives Brad bonkers simultaneously. The whole purpose of the whole deal is to make a wish. Most often he wishes that the neighbor's kittens would come and live at our house. It is ever so entertaining.

Today he found a particularly promising one and lifted it serenely to his face. He smiled a smug little smile and said, "I wish... that mommy would disappear!" Then he ran around the yard wildly for 10 minutes yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Where did you go? You disappeared!!"

Let's hope that next time he wishes me away to Italy. Hey, a girl can hope, can't she?

In other news, my Mom and Carolyn have reached Knoxville and should arrive in approximately 3 hours. Yippee!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Man... if he does that and it works, will you have him wish me there too? lol

Enjoy the time with your Mom! :)

Carmen O. said...

Oh please Maddux wish me somewhere too, Ireland maybe?

Oh how cool that your mom and sis are there to visit. Next week we're going to Wisconsin, I can't wait!!

Have a great week.

Gonna make those lemon cupcakes this weekend.

Melissa S said...

I agree...I need to be wished somewhere stress free for a few days!

Unknown said...

I have a little award in my blog for you! *hugs* Pia

shopgirlaudi said...

Hee hee...Maddux is too funny and too cute. Oh, have fun with your mom and sis:)

Lal said...

Have a nice visit with your family :)

Jennifer said...

Estee! So fun to find you on here, my long lost friend... (I saw your comment on the Menden's blog and clicked on over.)

Your kids are so cute and it looks like things are going great for you! And you are seriously a scrapbooking and cooking inspiration! Teach me your ways! :)

Anyway, just saying hi... (I hope you remember me, otherwise you are probably sitting there thinking, 'Who is this freak??') :)

-Jennifer (Michelle's sister)