Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Countdown to Carolyn... 1 MORE DAY!



Mom's Snowball Cookies

1 c. butter

1/2 c. confectioners' sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2-1/4 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, stir in flour and salt. Add nuts. Form into 1 inch balls. Bake on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 14-17 min. Roll in confectioners' sugar while warm and then again when they have cooled off.

Carolyn is busy packing and I need to be sleeping. I will be leaving on my 6 1/2 hour journey to Virginia Tech in the morning. Oh Carolyn!!! I will see you soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these my mom always made them too, we called them Russian Tea Cakes and I think they're also called Mexican Wedding cakes. One of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

My mom calls these butterballs... they are a family favorite... only problem is that I tend to get powdered sugar all over myself as I eat them! ~Ebeth