Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Art That I Love

I am extremely lucky to have been able to visit many amazing art museums. My absolute favorite artist is Gustav Klimt and my favorite painting is The Kiss (Der Kuss), which can be seen at the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere at the Belvedere Palace in Vienna, Austria. The Belvedere Palace houses the world's largest Gustav Klimt collection. I will never forget how I felt when I walked into the room where The Kiss is displayed. Don't judge me, but there were tears.

I have been to the Dragon's Den in Cracow, Poland. I could have easily lived forever at the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh Museum, both in Amsterdam. That was the art that I dreamed of. The art that inspired me in color and broken brush strokes.

This is my art of today.

Dinosaurs with orange spikes hanging out in the sun. (This one is even signed by the artist!)

Portraits. (Can you guess which one is me?)

And art that is accompanied by rousing stories of Super Secret Agent Penguins that are protecting the ice cream of the world. (This picture was stolen from Breuklyn's diary that was inadvertently left in the living room. I promised that I wouldn't tell the ending of the story to anyone.)

I love the art of my little world.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are some great artworks!!! I LOVE them!! Ben is getting into drawing and such. His fav things right now.. dinosaurs, dinosaurs and more dinosaurs!! Hope your weekend has been good!

Anne said...

Is it wrong that I find a penguine ice-cream-protecting story so very moving?