Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mix It Up + GCD + The Jonas Brothers

I absolutely could not think of a title for today's blog, can you tell?

Mix It Up!! has the new Mixer up on the blog this morning! The challenge this month is to use a picture that is at least 20 years old. I was excited about this challenge because I never ever scrap older pictures. The picture that I used is from my 5th birthday. I just love my crazy long pigtails!

This is the amazing sketch that Juliana created for us. I loved the scalloped edge and just knew that I wanted to use that in my layout.

You need to try this challenge!!! You have until July 21 at 9:00PM EST to create a layout using this sketch and a picture that is at least 20 years old. One winner will be chosen to win a $40.00 gift card to Noel Mignon! You know you want to play along!!!

Over at GCD Studios you can see the BRAND NEW summer collections! I love the grungy look of the Vintage Boy collection. There are the cutest patterns ever in this line! I am envisioning lots of fun layouts for Maddux!

Another new collection is Sunny Days which is full of summery colors. This is such a beautiful collection. GCD Studios will be unveiling the other two brand new collections over the next two days, so be sure to check back!

And now I am off to download new music to my iPod for the loooooooong road trip! Brad says that he is instilling a strict No Jonas Brothers rule. Sigh.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Too funny on the Jonas Brothers. I think I would have a strict No Disney rule. It is almost 24/7 Disney here, between the tweeny things and the preschool, not to mention the fact I have been watching Disney and Barney for oh, um.. atleast 19 yrs (Laura's 21). I am *SO* Disney'd out. And, Ben is only 2, so I have many more years!! Love the LO of you when you were little!! So cute!! :) Have an awesomely, amazing time!!

Amanda Sevall said...

Cute layout!! Too funny about the no Jonas Brothers :) Hope you have a great trip!!

Deborah Marasa said...

I am loving your Mix it Up layout for Aug 5th with the Jenni Bowlin papers!! I just have to know...did those papers come shaped? or did you cut them? I love how you used them, and now I need them! thanks!