Monday, December 1, 2008

Want to Make a Button Tree?

You know that you want to! I already had most of the supplies that I needed: Styrofoam tree (you can use any size), lots and lots and lots of buttons, corsage pins, Pink Paislee Glitter, Mod Podge, Doodlebug jewels, Heidi Swapp acrylic star and any other fun bits and pieces that you want to add.

The first tree that I made used only white buttons. Just layer them onto your tree, there was no method to my madness. I did think it was easier to start at the top and work my way down, but you can do whatever works for you. All of the white buttons that I used belonged to my grandmother along with the ornament that I used as a topper for the tree. It was nice to incorporate a part of her into a current project.

And the glitter. Did I mention the glitter?

To make the pink tree, I just switched the color scheme. For the topper I used an acrylic star from Heidi Swapp that I covered in Mod Podge and glitter. I found the fun corsage pins at the Etsy shop Caramelos Artful Supplies. She has such cute stuff!

Don't you just love Christmas/Holiday crafts?

These trees make me ridiculously happy. I am easily entertained.

Stay tuned for the 12-ish Days of Cookies and the 12 Days of Christmas activities at my house! Happy Monday! :)

4 comments:

Carmen O. said...

OMG this are so cute and look like lots of fun to make. You're a riot with all the stuff you do. Whew you make me tired. I finally found my cookie cutters in the Christmas box of course!

shopgirlaudi said...

They are SO very lovely and those sure are LOTS of buttons you got there;)

I don't think I have the patience to do this:( Maybe if it was a tiny tree;)

Patrizzia said...

I think if John saw this post he would start twitching with all the glitter.. lol!

They sure did turn out amazing!

Amanda Sevall said...

So glad you showed the creative process here! These are SUPER cute and a great excuse to bust out the button stash!! Love that you glittered them too! :)