Monday, April 28, 2008

Lenore's Sugar Cookies

My new column is up at Scrapbook.com. Breuklyn and I made my grandmother's sugar cookies yesterday, and it somehow morphed into a column. Very convenient. I thought I would share the recipe, these cookies are all kinds of amazing. They are very fluffy. Yum. Have a great Monday!!

Lenore's Sugar Cookies
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup shortening
3 eggs
1 cup sour milk*
2 T. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
Cream together sugar, butter and shortening. Add eggs, sour milk and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually. Do not over mix. Dough will be very wet. Chill dough for at least an hour. Once dough is thoroughly chilled, drop by teaspoon-full onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

*Sour milk: 1 T. vinegar and enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am sending love and hugs to your mom and dad through you, since I don't know how to get your momma. (((((((hugs))))))