Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This is me being a good mom...

This morning after I dropped Breuklyn off at Pre-K, I decided to be brave and go grocery shopping so that I wouldn't have to eat instant oatmeal for lunch. Since Paizlee now weighs in at a whopping 20 lbs. 13 ounces, I also decided that she is big enough to ride in the front of the cart instead of her infant carseat taking up all of the room in the basket of the cart. I unbuckled Maddux from his carseat and plunked him into the basket part of the cart so that he wouldn't dash off anywhere while I unbuckled Paizlee. As I am trying to wrestle Paizlee out of her carseat, I hear Maddux say, "Mommy! Mommy, bye!" I turn around and find that he is rolling away. Geeze! I run after him and say, "Hello! Why didn't you say something before you managed to get three parking spaces away???" With all of the wisdom of a two-year-old he responded, "Hi, Mommy!" Sigh.

I am going to write a letter requesting emergency brakes on grocery carts. Emergency brakes and valium... I should be good to go.

4 comments:

BB said...

"Bye!" LOL! I need to meet Maddux, he cracks me up!

shopgirlaudi said...

OMG, Estee!!! I don't miss the days of having to push kids in the cart even though my daughter sometimes still prefers to sit in one:) Those things can be dangerous. I second the safety brakes:) Since both my kids are in school now, I get to grocery shop all alone now...it's kind of lonely though:(...:)

Melissa S said...

Oh yikes! Gotta love the 2 year olds! That could have been soo dangerous....

Lal said...

YIKES!! Since I NEVER go shopping alone with Mikey, one of always puts him in the car first while the other unloads the groceries. Those things scare me!!