Monday, July 6, 2009

Watermelon Lemonade

I have discovered the most amazing thing in the whole entire world. Watermelon Lemonade. One of my favorite bloggers, Smitten Kitchen, posted this recipe and I just knew it would be perfect for the Fourth of July.

I quadrupled the recipe because I just knew it would be amazing and it was just enough for one pitcher of wonderful-ness.

You will need:

1 cup (8 ounces) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 cups (16 ounces) fresh watermelon puree. I just threw the watermelon chunks in my trusty blender. Then I poured it into my sieve. You wouldn't think that watermelon would be so pulpy but it absolutely is.
1 cup (8 ounces) simple syrup. Smitten Kitchen's recipe called for approximately 3/4-ish cup of simple syrup, but I like mine a little sweeter. You definitely need to make your own simple syrup for this. Trust me.

3 cups of cold water + additional ice.

Stir together all of your ingredients and you are in the watermelon lemonade business. Yum.

How was your 4th of July weekend??

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

This sounds so refreshing! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks! :D

Michelle said...

I gotta try!!! LOVE lemonade and watermelon.. sounds so good together! 4th was good. Pics in sb.com gallery. Right now, blogger will not let me drag my pics in my blog where I need them. grr!

Amanda Sevall said...

So glad you posted this recipe -- I'm a total sucker for flavored lemonade!! My favorites are pomegranate lemonade and blueberry acai lemonade.... but this might become a quick favorite!!