Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I did it. I actually went away for 27-ish hours without my children. My super awesome friend, Becs, decided that we deserved a break and off we went to Nashville with 3 other friends who also craved children-free moments. It was glorious. It was actually beyond glorious. Chinese Food, Starbucks, shoe shopping, Loaded Questions and laughing hysterically like we were teenagers is the ultimate vacation for me.

And now I am ready to enjoy the evening with my family and tackle the last week of school. I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! :)

5 comments:

shopgirlaudi said...

Wow!!! 27 hours!!! I get the whole day while the kids are at school, but a whole day plus...what a treat that would be:) Glad you got to have some "you" time:)

Z said...

great mini vaca--glad you had such a good time we need that every once in a while!!

Carmen O. said...

So glad to read you got some "YOU" time. I think every mom needs that. 8 more days of school here.

Michelle said...

Good for you!! Glad you got that much needed time! Enjoy this last week of school. Our last day is June 10th and we don't go back til day after Labor Day. Talk about a long summer!

Lal said...

OOOH, LUCKY you!! I don't even know what it's like to be kidless for more than maybe three or four hours and that is not very often! I think if I was away for that long, I might not want to come back! LOLOL JK :D Sounds like an awesome time! Glad you got to have that for yourself :)