Sunday, March 1, 2009

Today I Am - March Edition

Is it really March already? Yikes. We woke up this morning to 5-ish inches of snow, according to the weather guy. Our first snow and it happens in March. Tennessee is so weird.

Today I Am:

Reading: All about Raised Bed Gardening. I don't have the space for a huge big garden, but I definitely have room for 2 4' x 8' raised beds. Loving it. I have been spending lots of happy hours browsing through Johnny's Seed Catalog. I am envisioning cucumber and pumpkin plants.

Listening to: Adele - Make You Feel My Love. I heard this version of the song while catching up on episodes of Lipstick Jungle on NBC.com. Love, love, love it.

Obsessed With: Brothers and Sisters. I don't watch a lot of television, but when I have lots of scrapbooking to do I watch episodes of shows that I have never seen before online. I had never seen Brothers and Sisters before and I am now addicted!

Thinking About: Breuklyn. Worrying about Breuklyn would be more accurate. I am ready for the school year to be done. Hopefully first grade will be better than Kindergarten.


Planning To: Read through My Cookie Bible and try out a few new recipes. I made these Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies on Friday and they are to die for. They are basically an inside-out carrot cake. Delish. (Recipe coming soon, hee hee!!)

Dreaming Of: Birthday cake. March begins the run of birthdays at our house. My birthday is March 8th and then Paizlee's is March 15th. Carolyn and Breuklyn have April birthdays, so I am envisioning lots and lots of cake. Is it bad that I am going to make my own cake? Want a hint as to what it will look like? It will be covered in chocolate buttons! You're not surprised, are you?

Enjoying: Having a friend whose children are the same age as mine. Rebecca watches my kids once a week and I watch her kids once a week. It is bliss to be able to volunteer or run to the grocery store without stressing over my in-laws "watching" my kids. Plus, there is the added bonus of gossiping with Rebecca. It's a win-win situation.

Vowing To: Stop drinking so much diet Pepsi. I swear. My kidneys are going to revolt.

Working On: Magnetic fishing poles. My mom made them for us when we were kids and we always had a lot of fun "fishing" for the fish that had paper clips attached to make them magnetic. I think that they would make a fun alphabet game for the kids.

Excited About: CAROLYN WILL BE HERE IN 19 DAYS!!! Um, yeah, I'm a little excited.

What are you up to???

7 comments:

Patrizzia said...

OMG I bought those button molds a week ago... I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Chasity Grace said...

hey girl. i LOVE brothers and sisters too! if you scrapbook tonight there is a 2 hour special!!! Like your today i am blog theme. I may have to bloglift that!!! haha

laura said...

I loved the fishing game when i was little! we had to fish for matching words or rhymes! it was so fun! i may also have blog lift... love your blog!

Carmen O. said...

I should also do a today I am - mostly the march edition because March is also my birth month. I can't believe on Weds I'll be that much closer to 50 YIKES!!

Those cookies look yummy. I made a carrot cheesecake this weekend. It's in Better Homes and Gardens this month. OH and chocolate buttons - how fun!

Isn't fun to have something to count down to? I'm sure you'll have a lot of catching up to do with Carolyn and I'm sure your kiddos will be excited too!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! I forgot all about that fishing game. It was so long ago!! I LOVE carrot cake! It is Laura's fav! I make it every year for her bday. Brit's bday is March 29th. A big surprise in store for her.. has to do with AG store! I can't wait to see all these cakes you create!! (if I want a bday cake, I have to make it myself or I won't have one! :) ) Have fun with your sister when she arrives!! Don't you just love the snow??!! I have plenty I can send you, if you would like more. hee!hee! Have a great day, Estee! :)

Amanda Sevall said...

I've watched Brothers & Sisters since the second season - love that show!!

Rhayne said...

MMM, those cookie sandwiches look good! And if they're carrot, that means they're healthy, right?